Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Cake

How did I used to bake without this beautiful piece of equipment?!?!?


Thank you mom and dad for this wonderful Christmas present! 

I love this and love how many things I can do with it! It makes cooking and baking so much easier! No more wasted hours shredding chicken by hand, just pop it in the mixer and turn it on, magic! There are so many attachments I can not wait to get and start using.

The latest creation:

Lemon Blueberry Cake

Michael loves blueberries and I love lemons and the two go together perfectly! This morning I woke up and couldn't wait to get started making this new recipe.

Ingredients:


Box of lemon cake mix
Ingredients to make the cake
1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 cup of blueberry yogurt


First, preheat the oven to 350*F and generously spray a bundt pan.

Place 1 cup of blueberries and ½ cup water in a saucepan and simmer.


Make the cake mix according to the package. I used a lemon cake mix which needed 3 eggs, 1 1/3 cups water, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.


Once mixed, zest one lemon and then squeeze the juice of the lemon into the batter.


Add 1 cup of blueberry yogurt and mix.


Once blueberries are thawed put them in a blender. Pour into the batter but do not mix.


Pour batter into the greased pan and bake for about 50 minutes to an hour.


We had some technical difficulties flipping the cake out of the pan haha

We took this cake to Sunday School today so I cut it all up to make it easier.


Yummy, yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment