Tuesday, November 8, 2011

B/CS Restaurant Bucket List Update

I blogged earlier about how Michael and I came up with a list of restaurants we want to eat at before our time comes to an end in the Bryan/College Station area. You can read about it here.

Today I am going to update you on some of the places we have gone that are on our list.

Our list is as follows:
La Bodega
Martins Bar-B-Q
Los Molcajetes
Maddens
Koppe Bridge
Lakeside Icehouse Grill
Coco Loco
Pho John
40 Tempura
Top Of The Hill 
Cafe Eccel
J Cody's Bar-B-Q
Sodolacks
Christopher's
Good Time Charlie's
Haiku
Hullabaloo's Diner
Carter's Burgers 
We added:
BJ's 
The Village

As I mentioned in my first blog, the list is in no particular order, they are just added as we drive by and think to ourselves we want to eat there soon.


Martin's Bar-B-Q -- Let me just start by saying DELICIOUS! It has been family owned since 1925 and they have been cooking the best bar-b-q around since then! When you walk in you can smell the smoke from the smoker and you can basically taste what you are going to be eating in the air. When we went the first time (it was last week) we went for lunch and I have not been able to stop telling people about it. I will warn you, since it is a family owned restaurant they are a little slow, but it is worth the wait. The second time was this weekend (3 days later haha) and we tried new items on the menu and were even more impressed! Michael had been wanting to go for so long and I finally gave in, thinking to myself, I am not sure if I will even like bar-b-q that much and woah, I have been missing out. You have to go to Martin's Bar-B-Q if you are in Bryan!


Madden's -- Michael actually has not been yet, but I have been about 5 times now so it can no longer be on the bucket list. I work 3 blocks from Madden's so the girls go to lunch there a bunch. The restaurant is located inside a store, Old Bryan Marketplace (if you have never been you need to go, Christmas season is the best time) so if there is a little wait there is plenty to look at to keep you busy. The food is delicious and looks as if it came out of a magazine. Now we just need to get Michael to go!


Koppe Bridge -- Another new favorite! And everyone elses as well. Both times we went the restaurant was crazy busy, but the food did not disappoint. The french fries are delicious and their burgers are a little greasy, just like we like! We have been back twice and the last time we were there Michael had the chicken fried steak and it was very good.


Carter's Burgers -- We went on a Tuesday, which is half price burger night, so before we even ate we were happy. Michael's mom was in town and went with us and we all enjoyed our burgers.


BJ's -- We didn't know a chain restaurant could be this good. We went to BJ's with my mom and dad and could not believe how good it was! We shared all 4 dishes we ordered and had a yummy appetizers along with some of their home brewed beers. We will be going back!


The Village -- I had heard lots of great things about this local place and we finally tried it! We ate here with Michael's brother and sister and enjoyed our dinner while listening to a local artist. There are so many options on the menu so I will have to go back as it is 2 blocks from my work.

More to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. ok can I add to your list? Rosie Pho's on Hollomon Dr across from hobby lobby. Best athentic asian food in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also need to eat at Cenare's Italian food on University plus Chef Chao's. There is one in Bryan close by to you guys. You can order there food online and have it delivered which we love.

    BTW Cafe Excel is really good! You have to eat there.

    ReplyDelete