So one of our favorite things to do is cook together. We both really like to try new things and will basically try anything, and it is way less expensive to make food then going out all the time. So we do it about 6 times a week and try so many yummy recipes. Tonight we made a delicious recipe, "Rigatoni with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes".
The original recipe came from this cook book we got from our wedding, but we changed it just a bit.
There are very few ingredients that go into this flavorful pasta.
All ingredients, except for the chicken, (it was cooking) are pictured above. Rigatoni pasta noodles, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon, red pepper flakes, and 2 garlic cloves.
1. Boil two pots of water, one for the 3/4 lbs chicken and one for the 8oz pasta. Cook till done and drain the pasta
2. When chicken is done, use a fork and shred the chicken
3. Meanwhile, pat dry 3/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes and cut the lemon in half
4. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a different pot, add pressed garlic and 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and cook on medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, add sun-dried tomatoes then the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
5. Add the pasta noodles to chicken/tomato mixture (we normally add a little more olive oil here)
6. Divide pasta and serve with a lemon wedge. You can top with parmesan cheese if you want (we like to do that)