Sunday, October 16, 2011

One Month Later....


I'm back! And full of things I have been wanting to blog about!

For those of you who know me, I LOVE Pinterest! And as much as Michael hates to admit it, he must love Pinterest too as we have made so many new and delicious recipes! Michael does not like eating the same thing that often so before Pinterest it was somewhat difficult for me to come up with new ideas for dinner every night. Now, not so much!

Michael has told me that I make cooking very difficult when I am trying to take pictures at every step (and he is right) so for this blog post I am going to post pictures of some of the final products we have made in the past few weeks.

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wrap

We made these tonight! So easy, so yummy, and I think pretty healthy minus the tortillas. We will be making these again but with either jalapenos or pablanos to give it a little more spice! Click here for the recipe.

Egg Rolls and Fried Rice

This was a yummy recipe Michael had been wanting ever since I pinned it. It was actually really easy and delicious! We are actually making this again this week but we are going to bake them instead of frying them. Click here for the recipe.

Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice

Another easy recipe from Pinterest! I put it together before I left for work and it was ready when I got home. Perfect for when you have a busy day and/or evening. Plus it makes the house smell delicious! Click here for the recipe.

Stuffed Shells

Michael and I loved making these! They were a little more difficult then we though they would be, but luckily they turned out delicious. I was not expecting some of the shells to get stuck together and rip but it still worked out. I'm glad I found this recipe because I have always wanted to make these but never would have. Click here for the recipe.

Naan Pizza

This is not a Pinterest recipe but a TexAgs idea. For those of you who know Michael, you know this is his favorite website that keeps him busy while I am pinning :] Almost every time we are at HEB, Michael will say he wants to make something with the naan bread and we finally did. One of the posters on TexAgs posted just a picture and we did the rest. So no recipe to link to, but what we did was put some pizza sauce on the naan, added some ham, onion, bell pepper, and cheese and put in the oven till the cheese was melted. Delicious and easy!

Stuffed Chicken Breast
Close up of the Stuffed Chicken Breast

This was so good it deserved two pictures. With a few mess ups along the way we finally had our final product! This had a little more work involved but it was worth it. The pastry sheet was a great idea with the baked chicken. We loved how flaky it was. We can not wait to make this again. Thank you Pinterest, click here for the recipe.

Homemade Margherita Pizza

This is not a Pinterst recipe, but one of Michael's favorites. We have been making this dough for the last 2 years and really like it. The recipe for the dough is: Mix 1 cup of flour, 1 tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp salt, and 1 package of dry yeast together. Then mix in 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 cup very warm water. With a blender beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Then I usually mix in another cup of flour with the beater and then with my hands beat in another 3/4 to 1 cup of flour into the dough. I then knead the dough for about 5 minutes. I then cover the dough with flour and loosely wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy :]

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce

Sadly this is not my picture but we have made this twice now (and both times we forgot to take a picture)! We used raviolis once and tortellinis once, both were great! I recommened this recipe to everyone! Click here for it.

So after reading this, if you do not use Pinterest, start now :] It will make dinner in your house so much better! And Pinterest is not all about food, there are many other things as well, such as crafts, home ideas, tricks to fix things, clothes ideas, decorating ideas, kid crafts, health tips, and so many more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment